Sunday, December 27, 2009

Best Christmas Ever

Hey Kids,

I just wanted to tell you all about the wonderful Christmas I had.

Thursday - Christmas Eve:
I begin experiencing severe stomach pain about mid-day. The pain does not stop. I resolve to go to the hospital if it does not go away by morning. I barely sleep.

Friday - Christmas Morning:
Pain is still going strong. My girlfriend and I decide not to wait till mid-day to go get diagnosed. We head to a local diagnostic place that if I did not have something terrible, would be cheaper than going to the ER. Turns out my appendix was mutinying. We go to a real emergency room. Diagnostic place charges us nothing (Sweet).

Painkillers are given. I am unable to give a urine sample due probably to dehydration for several hours. I do manage to eventually pee in a bottle.

There is a surgery which, for those of you who aren't familiar with anesthetics, happens without me realizing it. I am down 1 appendix.

I sleep in the hospital.

Saturday:
I wake up in the hospital. I eat hospital food. I am constantly checked on. I am discharged and given instructions on how to best recover from the surgery.

Best Christmas Ever

No comments: